Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Vinyasa Flow on the cleanse...

I wasnt sure if I was going to literally "flow" from the saltwater flush or I was going to flow from the rhythm of Angela Kukhahn's class (seen in below pic), and surprisingly I had one of my better classes today. 



Lots of twists which you non-yoga folk would be surprised about the cleansing ability of a simple twist. It's like wringing a wet cloth by twisting it in the center. What happens to the liquid? Some of it sloughs off completely (inside the body this would be detoxifying or cleansing), other portions of the liquid move to the ends of the cloth from the center.   Lets just say after a night or weekend of drinking, you will sweat your ass off from some of these twists.


The technique in Yoga is to start the twist by trying to move only the navel toward your hip, then turning each vertebrae in the spine as  you move the twist up your back until you are facing the wall behind you.  There is an Iyengar twist below for you to check out.



After all the twisting and sweating, its 3.10pm, I finished 1 liter of my cleanse concoction and feel pretty energetic.  I'm thinking about surfing but given that more caloric intake is next to nothing, I will choose a sedentary afternoon/evening.

1 comment:

  1. I would definitely focus all my energy on Angela Kukhahn’s flow if you know what I mean…
    "squeeze-and-soak" (Iyangar) The organs are compressed during a twist, pushing out toxins. When the twist is released in comes a new flow.
    Keep the twist flowin yea!?

    ReplyDelete