Monday, December 7, 2009

Master Cleanse: Day 5 spent at Joshua Tree

I have been waking up with more and more energy every day and today, Day 5, I woke up at 7am feeling the best I have felt in a long while.  Now that could be a result of the fact I havent had a drink in over a week or it could be the cleanse.  Whichever it is, I felt fresh.
As with each morning, I hammered back the repulsive blend of non-iodized salt and 1 liter of water.  This time there was only about a 15 minute delay before the gurgling turned to a rumble which had me seated on porcelain for the following 20 minutes.  Sparing you the details, it was the most productive day yet on the throne with multiple flushes.  Afterwards, I felt light, empty but refreshed.
So what better to do after my last salt water flush of this round of the master cleanse?  Go bouldering in Joshua Tree with 40 mph winds in 45 degree weather.  Sounds a bit daunting, but ended up being one of the most amazing short trips I have had in recent memory.  I have a few pictures below of Hidden Valley Park, Joshua Tree where we climbed random rock formation, got lost, climbed some more, then retired to the Nurturing Nest.
Here is a link to the Flickr album of Joshua Tree: http://bit.ly/7YjPzy

I must also mention the awesome little spot we stayed at about 25 miles outside of Joshua Tree called the Nurturing Nest.
We arrived to friendly smiling faces who showed us to our simple cozy room with super white, clean sheets, full kitchen, bath, and no tv (awesome).  Just outside our room were 2 large hot spring pools, one enclosed in a candle lit room and one outside with views of the Mojave.
All the small things made the difference at this place like a really cool selection of teas available with organic honey, soy milk, etc.  Waking up to breakfast laid out in the indoor hot spring; oatmeal, cereal, fruit, breads, etc., and the overall cleanliness of the place made my stay there so good that I will stay there for my next non-camping trip up to Joshua Tree....even if I do camp, I will stop by to decompress after a hike, chat with the owners, and sip some tea.  Here is a link to their website...http://bit.ly/4Wf7DT






No comments:

Post a Comment