Friday, December 4, 2009

Day 3: Master Cleanse

I will say one thing - that saltwater flush friggn works like a charm in an evil, immediate kinda way.  I have seen some blogs recommend not using that part of the cleanse but man, it is damn effective with immediate results.  So if you ask me, stick with the saltwater cleanse even though as you drink it down you want to gag on the insanely bitter, horrific taste...well worth it.

I did Yoga again on Day 3 (Iyengar this time), and had one of my best classes yet.  I think your mind craves distraction from the food cravings that happen when you smell anything that even slightly resembles a "food smell".  I was able to really focus on the breath and be in the pose during the entire class - something I havent been able to do so well.

 After class, I came back home, grabbed the board, and hopped in the water for a 1 mile paddle and surf.  Had plenty of energy and felt great...until like 7. 
I could not keep my eyes open or mind off of fooooood.  It felt like every commercial was about food.  Hell, even the Applebee's 2 for $20 platters that Chris Berman was pitching looked like the best food I've seen since birth!

I can say its harder this time around that I dont have a job, dogs, or a wife to keep my occupied.  Very glad I am doing it, but will only be doing 5 days this time around with a proper ending - meaning I will do the day 6 orange juice and day 7 veggies only before going to Applebees!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well after OJ and veggies the exclamation marks on Applebees should be removed. I’d say Pho or Japanese curry tofu. Let see how the sentence looks.
    I will do the day 6 orange juice and day 7 veggies only before going to Pho!!!!!!!! lol

    Oh yeah I find that fasting before any of my Yoga classes leaves me in great fulfillment with massive energy boost.

    ReplyDelete